Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quilt for R


Inspired by Melissa at Banana Migraine I was talking to DH about trying to get some quilting done these school holidays. A wallhanging for our lounge room and perhaps to do some work on a quilt that Rs mum started and I have been helping with - we have chosen colours for the borders etc but had not done any actual sewing on it - so it is definitely time to get started.
Boris took himself off to the drawing table to make a quilt for R. He came back in witha lovely picture of the quilt he wanted to make her. So yesterday afternoon he and I went through my scrapbox to see what we could find, then a trip to Spotlight and then we came home and got to work. Kit's contribution to the sewing was to put his foot on the peddle! Still the results are pretty good and I think he should be proud - I hope R likes it.
Now on to the wallhanging and the bedquilt I was actually talking about...

No comments: