Monday, March 23, 2009

Music



I have been over at Pinwheels - very glad to hear that Avery and the rest of the family!! are recovering so well from OHS. There were comments about music - and how some of us had 'special songs' that remind us of that difficult time - when we handed our kiddies over to the surgeon's knife. Ours was this little beauty from The Velvet Underground:

I'm sticking with you
(Reed)

I'm sticking with you
'Cos I'm made out of glue
Anything that you might do
I'm gonna do too

You held up a stage coach in the rain
And I'm doing the same
Saw you're hanging from a tree
And I made believe it was me

I'm sticking with you
'Cos I'm made out of glue
Anything that you might do
I'm gonna do too

People going to the stratosphere
Soldiers fighting with the cong?

But with you by my side I can do anything
When we swing
We hang past right or wrong

I'll do anything for you
Anything you want me too
I'll do anything for you
Oohoh I'm sticking with you
Oohoh I'm sticking with you
Oohoh I'm sticking with you


We sang it as we walked Hannah up and down in recovery and then Kit too when he was in isolation with meningitis at 3 months.

Another favourite - that I still play regularlyt hat reminds me of Hannah is of course Jack Johnson's Upside Down - it is my anthem for DS and the way I feel about our little redhead.

Hope everyone had a great World DS day. Pekka Kusisto and the Australian Chamber Orchestra were FANTASTIC - and I toasted teh T21 community as promised.

No comments: