Sunday, March 11, 2007

I blog therefore I am ...

Em from threetimesthree tagged me for 5 reasons why I blog - it was such fun that I had to give 6 reasons!

1 When I was home with the twins I found amazing empathy and excellent company in reading everything I could find about DS – that search lead me to blogland. It was even better than the ‘info’ sites. Here were people (not all special needs Mamas I know) who I could relate to so easily I was really surprised.
2 I like the interactive nature of blogs – how few words can offer so much solidarity and comfort. I feel that I really do form a relationship with the blogs that I read regularly. I care about how they are going.
3 I am interested in people and the ‘me’ on my blog is a bit more ‘revealed’ than the me you might meet out shopping. So the Shamptons gives me an opportunity to be more reflective than I might otherwise be.
4 I find so many people with amazing stories, wonderful children and interesting viewpoints – I like the challenge that presents me with in trying to understand different perspectives. And I can get some wonderful 'hands on' advice from those who have 'been there, done that' or like me are trying to work something out too.
5 Fun – I enjoy smiling at some of the beautiful photos. I feel like I am traveling on life’s journey and that there are a whole host of others walking my way, their way.
6 Lastly – the brats have already changed so much my blog is something that I hope they will read one day – and see and understand just how much love that I and their father have for them. A diary to give to them later on.

So thanks fellow bloggers and blogspot - I love ya!

3 comments:

Em said...

All fantastic reasons!

Dave Hingsburger said...

I just popped over to your blog from mine. I loved all the photos and the idea of creating a living journal for your children when grown is wonderful!! Your kids are beautiful though I can't imagine the challenges of parenting twins. Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm glad I've found yours. Dave Hingsburger

Michelle said...

what great reasons to blog!