Tuesday, December 02, 2008

24 sleeps to go...



We put the tree up on the weekend. Our Advent calendar has begun. The kids and I have hopes of doing some baking and some general cooking in preparation for having the family Christmas at our place.
One of the resoans I love quilting - Mum started it and as my DH said in her eulogy - we all have things around our homes that Mum made a gave to us - gifts of love and self that can be treasured for years to come. This nativity wallhanging is one of hers. I also have a 12 Days of Christmas table centrepiece.
I did this wall hanging for the new house - used the Adoration of the Christchild for the nativity pic - the one that has a couple of people around the manger with features that resemble the markers for T21.

2 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

I love your Christmas tree and your pretty white dress.

Sandi said...

Oh it's been awhile since I have gotten to sit down and read your posts. Your new home looks wonderful and you have made it beautiful with all the quilting.

Kit and Hannah are adorable as always!

I'm going to be watching your posts on schooling with great interest.