Sunday, April 08, 2007

Thought Provoking


It was with a lot of surprise that I find Michelle from Big Blueberry Eyes has mentioned me for aThinking Blogger Award! Thank you so much - I hope that Shamptons makes you think that it would be loads of fun to have twins! Because it is of course. Now for the technologically challenged such as myself the next bit is going to be tricky. I don't know how to link within a post but the blogs that I mention are on my sidebar if my attempts at including them in this post fail.

Big Blueberry Eyes - I am not cheating in including this blog - it is great - and Kayla is gorgeous but mostly it makes me think about what it must be like to be a 'military wife' in the US today and also to wonder whether I should invest in a crockpot for slow cooker Thursday.

ThreeTimesThree - Emma is great value. Her blog has a variety of posts on interesting, sometimes contraversial things as well as some delightful ones on her three kids. She writes really well too.

I Don't Know What to Say - definitely makes me think. This blog has some really open and considered posts about cancer, life and parenting. Again there is often a perspective that I have not really thought about before and I like trying to see another perspective.

Bits of Betsy - this was the first 'blog' I encountered that just 'caught me' - not only is it beautifully written but more often than not the posts are very thoughtful and thought provoking. The first one I read was a rewrite of the medical hitlist that drs give parents of a child with DS - from a positive viewpoint. I still think of it and the beautiful photo of Paige and her brushfield spots.

Chewing the Fat - http://davehingsburger.blogspot.com/ Dave always has a great perspective on disability to share and because he works in the area he writes about a whole range of stuff - often viewing it in a way that I haven't really considered before even though I have experience with disability as a sibling and as a parent. He seems to have a particularly male perspective too which is good to read.

The meme began here:
http://www.thethinkingblog.com/2007/02/thinking-blogger-awards_11.html

SO hard to keep it to 5 - any interaction with other people makes me think ... that is one ofthe reasons I love blogging!

3 comments:

Em said...

Thanks so much :)

Em xx

The Mom said...

Congratulations!!! I always love to read your blog - and having twins does look like sooo much fun!!!

Michelle said...

It is hard to chose only 5 isn't it? thanks for the "tag" back! And yes you should invest in a crock pot LOL They are wonderful!