Sunday, January 04, 2015

Cleaning Up

Yesterday was spent fruitfully reclaiming the house - today I think it is the garden's turn..... So while I painted some pine furniture for the kids room P dug out a couple of shrubs that were dying and then decided to create a proper border for the front garden. I did a little weeding and planting of our orchard but the heat definitely won the day. Sitting here blogging with Prosecco in hand.

Kids enjoyed the laziness all this activity afforded them. I'm still seeking the ideal reading material - hence whiling my time here (lol). I am part way through Building A+ Better Teacher which is interesting and a couple of chapters into All That Is Solid Melts Into Air, but then I think b**#r it - I'm on holidays, maybe it's time to reread Lord of the Rings Vol1-3 or maybe just paddle through an Agatha Christie? 

I know it's such a mundane dilemma but believe me I do appreciate how lucky I am to have no greater concerns at the moment.

Here's today's pic collage - can you see that Hannah is wearing her rather old glasses cos she put her new ones on her Anna doll and Elsa is sporting Hannah's favourite pajama top. I painted the furniture white and P did the flower bed edging but it is very hot and sticky here today so now we are relaxing with a glass of Prosecco. 

No comments: