Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back to school

I bought some tulips to decorate the house for the weekend. I was organising them in vases while the kids were eating dinner - it was only after I realised that I had a photo of my own journey to Holland with a face smeared with that Italian classic dish: spaghetti bolognese. I liked the idea so here is the pic-


On Friday night both kids decided to read a book while waiting for Masterchef to start. Hannah LOVES Mouse Mess.

On Saturday Hannah was keen for a game of soccer but first she insisted on writing 1 on her shirt...
Phil and I have met many wonderful families through the twins starting school. On saturday we had the parents from our weekend away over for a curry night, plus a couple of extras. Everyone had nominated their idea of the best and worst song of the 80s. We had an absolute blast. These are a great bunch of friends and I feel so lucky to get to know them.
Hannah loves the idea of mermaids at the moment so here she is on Sunday morning cutting and pasting a mermaid picture.
Hannah's ipad has this great app called Pictello which I use for her to show her aid each week. I put a couple of pics of what she's been doing and then we record a conversation about it - so it gives Hannah a bit of speech practice too. Kit made pasta from scratch all by himself. It is something he really wanted to do and was so proud of himself for doing so - and we had a pasta feast for dinner. I took a sequence of pics of the process and he made a story on Pictello too. Gotta love the ipad technology
The term has begun here. Both kids and I were pleased to get back into routine although we had also had a good break. We made sure we enjoyed our weekend when it came - we needed the rest.

1 comment:

Stargazer said...

Hello there, my name is Trace Burroughs I'm a producer of New Paradigm Entertainment. I'm working on an Independent Feature Film that shows what the world looks like from the point of view of someone who has down syndrome. I'm sincerely sorry if this in any way offends you but if you are interested please contact me at LMENSTUDIO@aol.com.