Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Kit

This shows Kit's wild side. When you are pregnant it seems as if the babies you carry are blank slates, perfect children - they can be anything you want them to be. Both my twins quickly showed me that they were their own people - and I love it. One of the great joys of parenting is the challenge that this brings. These little ones are in my care and I can shape them by the way I nurture them and the environment I provide for them but they are also beings in their own right with their own natures and they shape me as much as I do them. Kit's fiery nature was a bit of a surprise and it can make him a challenge but I would not change him for all the world. I hope he always has that fire in the belly - that he won't suffer fools gladly. And I also am very grateful for his gentle and compassionate side - yes I can see that it is there already - part of who he is. I am so blessed to have him as my son.



I love this one. It is in the afternoon and the twins and I are just playing. Kit loves accessories and music - here he has his treasured 'manbag' and is about to select a CD to dance to.


This was taken when the twins and I were picnicking last year. I like it because it shows his sense of fun and wonder. My 'little brown mouse' has beautiful eyes.



Kit loves animals - especially dogs, cats and birds. At the moment one of the cats from our street has started hanging around. Kit absolutely loves him. Perhaps this obsession started here?


For the first couple of weeks this little fellow barely opened his eyes. Who would have believed that the 'placid' baby who slept a lot would become the energetic, strongwilled toddler he is today? This photo shows the change as it was starting to happen.

No comments: