Sunday, December 17, 2006

Carols in Petersham Park

Deck the Halls ... Rudolf the red nosed reindeer ... Away in a manger ... Silent night ...

I love Christmas carols - the beuaty of honouring a baby - a saviour. This year I have been able to reflect more about the relationship of mother and son - it colours my reading of the amazing birth of Jesus. From the commercial glory of Rudolf - a song that will always be dear to me - I sang it in my darkest hours as I walked Kit when he had meningitis during his first Christmas from one end of our room in isolation to another. Hannah in the other room - a baby so weak and poor in condition being nursed by her father. Last year and this year have been exactly as I hoped for - a time for family, dear friends and God. Perfect Christmases in fact. I hope yours is too.








Deck the Halls with boughs of Holly ... the twins both go 'fa la la la la, la la la la! withg gusto and without prompting.

2 comments:

jotcr2 said...

We did the Carol's thing too. Sheena was not really in the swing of it, but lots of people adored her in her santa hat anyway. That is the important thing when you are 11 months old.

Michelle said...

Such a wonderful post!