Monday, April 09, 2012

Easter

Easter began with both sad and good... I got to mind my so very delightful niece overnight - while her family was packing because they are moving to Western Australia for a couple of years. We are going to miss them so very much but it was wonderful to wake up to the sound of Chloe singing in her cot at the end of our bed and the twins were very pleased to have her meet them after school.
Hannah loved having a 'girls' play on the trampoline while Kit was over the moon to be immersed in playing with his cousin (8 year old) from Brisbane - Daniel ended up staying here for quite a few nights which was great.

On Wednesday Daniel's parents came over for dinner and to take him with them for a couple of nights. That afternoon we all went to the local library to get some holiday reading supplies.
 Dinner included my rather 'arty' fruit platter :)
After performing at an open class for her dance class for children with a disability (which Kit ahs started attending this year and loves...) Hannah decided it was her turn to 'compose' a track. She demanded we get Kit to help her refusing our offers to help.
On Good Friday the sun was shining and as we were having a break from entertaining it was a perfect opportunity for pottering about the house and doing a bit of cleaning. We went over to our good friends' place for lunch and that evening my sister dropped Daniel over at our place because the next morning we all went to ....





Phil has a thing for the Easter show - at 7 years this is at least the third time if not the 4th time the twins have been. At 7 they are a bit more opinionated. The night before Hannah was asking me what the Easter Show was so we put the 3 kids on the internet and they started to look about - needless to say the showbags caught their fancy. They were happy to watch the circus and Alvin and the CHipmunks. Hannah saw the animals and I made them all go tot he gardening section and the fruit displays in particular but it wasn't long before we had to give in - they really especially wanted to go get their showbags and then take them home so they could play with their prizes. We had agreed to buy them 2 bags each. Grandpa came too and he added 1 showbag to their lot...


I had to search out the kewpie doll stand - but it was there - Hannah chose to go with the more modern 'mermaid on a stick' but so the popular culture of her generation evolves from mine... and like every other mother before me I have to accept that she is not my clone...(pity though - there was this gorgeous traditional dolly in a red polka dot frock that I just loved!)


 And of course a pair of 'Harry' glasses from the HP showbag.
For Easter I decorate a Christmas cake I made last year. It was pretty good!
At mass on Sunday morning the priest was talking of praying for those 'who need help with their 'diction'' according to the 'extra child in his 40s that I took to mass ( :D) and about praying for light upon our darkness - be our darkness sorrow, depression, addiction etc. He mentioned that even when it is hard to see that light - that it is there...the Light of Christ. Now I have had a really enjoyable but busy couple of weeks and on Sat I did end up in tears feeling totally overwhelmed with keeping up with everything... but standing in the stalls listening to Fr's words - Hannah leaning against me - I had to smile... she is the light God gave to me, and she isn't difficult to 'see' at all -  I feel so very very blessed to have her in my life. She is my perspective and centres me in a way that I am still learning about. She IS light.

We minded our friends' puppy - and got to take her for a couple of walks too. Lunch was at my inlaws - another farewell to the family heading off to WA this week. It was lovely to spend time together. Today was Easter Monday and we were quite lazy although Phil did take the kids out to wash the car and I made a rather yummy fish pie for dinner...





No comments: